PSP-UFU is a cross-platform, multilingual, Free and Open-Source Software (FOSS) with advanced GUI (Graphical User Interface) features and CAD (Computer-Aided Design) tools for electrical power system studies.
Advanced CAD Features
The software allows the construction of any electric transmission network and control systems through the deployment of visual elements.
For the visualization of results, the program offers linked text elements in the main screen, voltage heatmap display, and also table and graph editors.
The PSP-UFU aims to provide efficient computer simulation tools for research and education purposes, in addition to industrial applications in electrical power systems.
- Hybrid Newton-Gauss
- Three-phase induction motors included
- Short-Circuit power in all system buses
- Harmonic voltages and THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) calculation
- Frequency scan
Transient and Dynamic Stability
- Several synchronous machine models automatically selected
- Three-phase induction motors
- User-defined machine controls, exciters and prime moves created using block diagrams (Exciters, AVR, PSS, Hydro and Thermal turbines, Speed Governor, etc.)
Published PapersFurther details can be found in the published papers:
Oliveira, T. L., Guimarães, G. C., & Silva, L. R. C. (2019). PSP-UFU: An open-source, graphical, and multiplatform software for power system studies. International Transactions on Electrical Energy Systems, e12185. doi: 10.1002/2050-7038.12185
Oliveira, T. L., Guimarães, G. C., Silva, L. R., & Rezende, J. O. (2019). Power system education and research applications using free and open-source, graphical and multiplatform PSP-UFU software. The International Journal of Electrical Engineering & Education, 0020720919879058. doi: 10.1177/0020720919879058